Boost your child’s A-level or GCSE exam grades with small-group tuition in Holland Park or Croydon
Here at Excel in Key Subjects our aim is to help your child reach their full potential in all of the key academic subjects that they currently study. We recognise the challenges facing young students in school today and understand the pressures they are under; therefore, we can provide the additional support they require.
By offering small class sizes, with highly qualified and dedicated teachers, we are confident that we can equip young people with the knowledge and skills they need to achieve higher exam grades in core subjects. Our teaching helps them to improve their understanding of concepts, thereby boosting their confidence and bringing out each child's full potential to achieve success.
Our long-established Saturday School, which is available in locations across London and Croydon, runs each term and offers small group tuition in the key subjects of Maths, English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics for A-level, GCSE and KS3. The science courses we cover include both Triple and Combined Science (double or dual award).
See more of our videos
Our Senior Physics Teacher and Head of Science speaks about the impact of the Saturday Classes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. He talks about the benefits the revision classes bring in maximising students’ potential and enhancing their understanding of the topics – allowing them to obtain top exam grades in Triple Science and Combined (double) Science.
(Mr. McManus BEd (Hons) MA(Ed) NPQH)
In this short video, Mr. J Smith compares the differences between the intensive revision – two-day or three-day courses – and the regular, weekly Saturday Classes for GCSE and A-level students. In his explanation, you can see the benefits of each of the two courses, and how they can help in making a difference to students’ understanding and examination performance.
(Mr. J Smith MA Oxon – Mathematics)
The Head of Science and Physics – Mr. McManus gives Three Key Success Tips for students to improve their GCSE and A-level grades. He draws on many years of teaching experience as a Senior Physics Teacher and School Deputy Head. This is someone to listen to if a teenager is serious about achieving top examination grades at GCSE and A-level in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
(Mr. McManus BEd (Hons) MA(Ed) NPQH)
- Reinforcing knowledge of key concepts in each subject
- Diagnosing students’ understanding and skills level and identifying weaknesses and strengths
- Boosting confidence in areas where students may be struggling or require in-depth understanding
- Students are taught in small class sizes, so tutors are able to address the needs of each individual. On average, our classes number seven students or less
- Dealing with common mistakes in answering exam questions
- Setting realistic grade targets, monitoring students’ progress and supporting them to ensure they achieve the goals set
- Minimising stress through rigorous exam preparation and teaching exam techniques to deal with challenging questions
- The boost in confidence achieved makes our students more aspirational and they begin to aim for a higher grade.
Esma – a former student, who graduated from LSE – London School of Economics
Mr. De Bernier – a parent of a former student
Nathaniel, former student at Excel In Key Subjects
Israel, former student at Excel In Key Subjects
Help your child achieve their full potential
We also run revision courses during school holidays – including Christmas, Easter and Half Term break.
Centres at: Holland Park, Croydon, Euston and Greenwich (please check to see which centre is actually open at a specific time)