Part-time Course Adviser and Marketing Assistant
Flexible working hours, but must include most Saturdays during School Term time
We are looking for a suitable person to take up the role of Course Adviser and Marketing Assistant to work for between 3 to 4 days a week. Up to half of the job can be done from home and the other half at our premises. The Saturday aspect is for mainly during school term time only and we are looking at between 20 to 30 Saturdays a year. Hours of work would suit a parent who may need to drop off and collect children from school.
We are looking for an intelligent person with enthusiasm who is energetic and hungry for success. A focused and determined individual who wants to be the best in what they do is required. Experience in sales or marketing will help, but it matters less than what you have to offer as an individual.
The qualities that matter most for this position are as follows:
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish trust – mainly over the phone
- A focused individual who is well-disciplined and able to work using his/her own initiative
- A presentable and well-organised individual, who can be trusted and has the discipline to work from home – half of the time. They must convince us they have a suitable working environment at home
- Someone who enjoys speaking on the telephone and also communicating by e-mail
- Someone who considers himself/herself to be a clever person and who easily grasps concepts. A lot of thinking on your feet is vital and having a good degree of arithmetical competence would be helpful
- Someone who is articulate and has a good command of English and who can really influence others
- Someone with very sound knowledge of the British education system Someone who is familiar with the terminologies for different year groups, such as KS3, KS4, A-level and so on. A parent with children in the education system would also be familiar with these terminologies. Equally, an intelligent person with no knowledge of these details, but who can learn quickly may be suitable
- Ability to socialise is not necessarily an advantage, but not a hindrance either. We are looking for an articulate and focused person who wants to get on with the job and is comfortable with being set targets
- Someone who is ambitious and happy to start at a reasonable rate of pay, but wants to be earning a high income within one to two years
This is not a position for a mediocre person who wants to be like everyone else. We are looking for someone who wants to be the best and who is very competitive.
If you fit the requirements below, please let us know.
- A problem solver and not a moaner – someone who thrives on taking responsibility and who will be rewarded for it handsomely
- Someone with excellent communication skills
- A high achiever with a proven track record of being brilliant at something that may be different from selling
- Someone who has earned or is eager to earn £20,000 to £22,000 per year as the basic, with additional commission and, possibly, bonus on top.
Your primary job will be:
- To respond to enquiries and follow up on prospective parents by presenting the courses we offer to them and helping to answer questions they may have.
- To convert prospects into paying customers. You will be doing this mainly via telephone calls, sending e-mails and items in the post.
- Taking part in marketing efforts – including assisting in the development of promotional literature.
- Proofreading promotional literature. A well-spoken person with sound and flawless English is
There is fair number of phone calls to be made, but this position does not include cold calling. Prospective parents have contacted us themselves, to express an interest in our services, and we are following up with them.
Being creative is not the most important attribute for this position. We are looking for a methodical and well-organised individual with excellent communication skills. We provide a service that people want and there is no need for hard selling. There are abundant resources to back up the sales team, but excellent performance is expected. We prefer people whose references can be verified and these do not have to be sales-related.
There will be the flexibility to work between 3 and 4 days per week, including most Saturdays during school term time. One day a week at our office in London EC1is required. The Saturday aspect is at one of our centres in Euston and we are looking at between 20 to 30 Saturdays a year.
Two days a week can be done from home after an initial training and familiarisation period, and subject to being the right kind of person whom we consider suitable.
This role involves using customer service skills whereby you will be required to speak to people on the phone and also meet them on some Saturdays to present our services to them. The ability to learn very fast and develop your own expertise in a fast-moving work environment is essential.
What we do
Excel in Key Subjects provides extra tuition classes, including Saturday classes, revision courses during school holidays, and other out-of-school tuition-related services for teenage students who want to improve their performance in school and achieve higher exam grades at GCSE and A-level. Our target audience is parents of teenagers. There is a strong ethical dimension to the service we provide and the manner in which we market and sell our products and services. There is a very high demand for our services and we have achieved excellent examination results for our students for over 14 years.
There are opportunities and scope for learning in this position. Each aspect of the job has many resources available in order to gain the knowledge required and also tools for implementing the tasks.
We are looking for someone who will grab the bull by the horns and use the resources that are available to achieve outstanding success. In the process of doing that, you will also be able to develop as an individual. You will be fully supported and encouraged to succeed, but this is not a job for moaners, whingers and complainers.
Below are some of the key traits that are required:
1) Being a Driver
2) Being ‘Emotionally and Socially Intelligent’
3) Having Passion and Aspirations
Remunerations – Salary and Commission:
Overall package could up to £30 – 35k – pro-rata, with around 20k as the basic.
To apply for the position, you need to DO BOTH of the following:
call: 020 3475 5251 and follow the instructions,
and also send your CV to: